TAMASHI TECHNOLOGY INVESTMENTS (PTY) LTD
REGISTRATION NUMBER 2003/023171/07 (“Tamashi Technology”)
The information, content, services and/or materials offered by Tamashi Technology on, or through its website www.tamashi.co.za (“the Website”), is made available subject to the provisions contained below.
- Tamashi Technology endeavours to comply with all laws and regulations providing for privacy including, but not limited to the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 108 of 1996 and the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“the Act”);
- Tamashi Technology seeks to ensure the quality, accuracy and confidentiality of all Personal Information in its possession and recognises the importance of protecting the User’s privacy in respect of the User’s Personal Information collected by Tamashi Technology when the User visits the Website. Tamashi Technology is committed to protecting and preserving the Personal Information of all visitors to the Website;
- INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- Tamashi Technology strives to collect only that Personal Information which is necessary for the intended purpose of the collection;
- Tamashi Technology and/or its authorised agents shall collect certain Personal Information from the User in connection with the User’s use of the Website. The information collected is used for the following purposes:
- To make the User’s visit to the Website more efficient;
- To enable efficient use of the Website;
- To process electronic communications and transactions;
- To administer any promotion, survey or similar interactive activity conducted by Tamashi Technology; and
- To provide the User with newsletters or other periodic emails and/or promotional materials as requested by the User;
- When the User accesses the Website the User’s Personal Information will be automatically collected in relation to the User’s visit to the Website, such information includes but is not limited to:
- The User’s browser type and version;
- The User’s operating system and information about the User’s use of the Website including details of the User’s visits to the Website (such as pages viewed and the resources that the User accessed on the Website);
- The Website also uses different types of cookies, such as: cookies which provide web analytics services, flash cookies and other types of cookies. Tamashi Technology’s hosting agents and/or service providers may automatically log the User’s “IP address” (the unique identifier for the User’s computer and/or other access device). The aforesaid information collected by Tamashi Technology is for aggregate purposes only and cannot be used to identify the User personally;
- Should the User subscribe to receive any newsletter, periodic email, or promotional material or information distributed by Tamashi Technology, the User’s Personal Information (including but not limited to the User’s email address) will be processed by Tamashi Technology. Tamashi Technology may also track whether the User has read the material supplied by Tamashi Technology and/or whether the User has clicked on any of the links so provided. All Tamashi Technology communications shall contain an unsubscribe link and by following the unsubscribe process the User shall be removed from the relevant distribution list and Tamashi Technology shall no longer send the User the subscription content or contact the User.
- CONSENT TO PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Processing shall include the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation, use; dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or merging, linking, as well as blocking, degradation, erasure or destruction of information;
- This consent is effective immediately and will endure until the User’s relationship with Tamashi Technology has been terminated, alternatively until such time as the User expressly notifies Tamashi Technology that such consent is retracted.
- RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The User expressly consents to Tamashi Technology retaining the Personal Information once the User’s relationship with Tamashi Technology has been terminated for the following purposes:
- Aggregate, statistical and reporting purposes and for only so long as is necessary to enable Tamashi Technology to achieve the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected or subsequently processed, subject to the further provisions of section 14 of the Act;
- In order to ensure that the User’s Personal Information is treated in accordance with the User’s prior instructions, for example ensuring that the User remains unsubscribed from Tamashi Technology’s mailing list; and
- Tamashi Technology’s operational purposes and/or for production as evidence by Tamashi Technology in legal proceedings in which event records relating to the User’s use of the Website and the Personal Information submitted by the User may be required to be retained in terms of legislated records retention requirements.
- TRANSBORDER FLOW OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Tamashi Technology appoints certain agents, third parties and/or service providers which operate outside the borders of the Republic of South Africa, alternatively outside the country in which the User resides and/or operates from. As a result, Tamashi Technology is required to transmit the User’s Personal Information outside South Africa, alternatively outside the country in which the User resides and/or operates from;
- The purpose of the trans-border flow of the User’s Personal Information may include, but is not limited to data hosting and storage;
- The User expressly consents to the trans-border flow of the Personal Information, in order to enable the trans-border flow of the aforesaid information;
- Tamashi Technology warrants in this regard that it shall only engage the services of third parties (in relation to the aforesaid trans-border flow of information) which subscribe to internationally recognised standards in this regard and in order to secure the integrity and confidentiality of the User’s Personal Information.
- HANDLING OF THE USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Tamashi Technology shall secure the integrity and confidentiality of the User’s Personal Information in its possession or under its control by taking appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent loss of damage to or unauthorised destruction of the User’s Personal Information and the unlawful access to or processing of such Personal Information;
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Tamashi Technology may disclose the User’s Personal Information to its third-party service providers, where necessary. Tamashi Technology requires that its service providers take appropriate, reasonable, technical and organisational measures to keep the User’s Personal Information secure and such third parties may not use or disclose the User’s Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the services required by the User on Tamashi Technology’s behalf;
- Tamashi Technology may disclose the User’s Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- to comply with the law or with legal process;
- to protect and defend Tamashi Technology’s legitimate interests (safety, property or other rights);
- to protect Tamashi Technology against misuse or unauthorised use of the Website and/or of the services offered by Tamashi Technology; and
- to protect other customers, Website users or third parties affected negatively by the User’s actions in his/her/its use of the Website.
- ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION BY THE USER
- Tamashi Technology will take reasonable steps to keep the User’s Personal Information accurate and complete. Tamashi Technology suggests that the User regularly updates his/her/its Personal Information;
- The User can request access to any of his/her/its Personal Information held by Tamashi Technology at any time and for any purpose, including to request Tamashi Technology to correct any portion of the Personal Information held by Tamashi Technology which is inaccurate, or to delete the Personal Information which Tamashi Technology is no longer entitled to retain by law or for a legitimate purpose;
- The User also has the right to revoke his/her/its consent to the processing of his/its Personal Information by Tamashi Technology.
- LINKS TO SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
- Tamashi Technology uses social networking services such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and other network sharing services to communicate with the public about its work. When a User communicates with Tamashi Technology through these services, that social networking service may collect the User’s Personal Information for its own purposes;
- The social networking services may track the User’s use of Tamashi Technology’s website on those pages where their links are displayed. If a User is logged in to those services (including any Google service) while using Tamashi Technology’s website, their tracking will be associated with the User’s profile with those service providers;